HIGHHANBAT

미래가치를 창출하는 글로컬 산학일체 혁신대학

Campus News

게시물 검색
Finishing TOEIC at HBNU 이미지
Finishing TOEIC at HBNU
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수2033
  • Finishing TOEIC at HBNUBy Joung In-young Reporter, Sophomore of Electronics Control EngineeringMost people take a TOEIC test, due to graduation requirements or job preparation. The first test starts without any knowledge of the test requirements, so it is difficult to set the direction. It is difficult to find a starting point that suits you. Because there are various learning methods - such as academies, online classes, and textbooks - which are also divided into several branches by difficulty levels and types. But dont worry! HBNU students have the opportunity to experience good programs.Every spring and fall semester, and every vacation, the HBNU Office of International affairs conducts programs that are related to studying English. Compared to academies and online tuition, a small number of basic classes are created and operated in order to learn the foundation of TOEIC at a lower price. They consist of non-face-to-face, online classes, according to the COVID-19 situation, so students living in other regions can take the classes without restrictions on their location.The short course English club, Spec-up, is starting this semester, and will be conducted systematically and in detail. It consists of TOEIC and TOEIC speaking.If learning is burdensome during the semester, dont miss the English team and course during the vacation! If you want to increase your specifications by enjoying various benefits, you should apply without missing the school guidance program.
  • 등록일2022-01-14 13:32:56
1st Matriculation; Welcome to HBNU
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수14
  • 1st Matriculation; Welcome to HBNUBy Bae So-young Cub Reporter, Freshman of English Language and LiteratureThe demand for experts in artificial intelligence and big data is dramatically increasing nowadays. To react to this demand, lots of universities, including HBNU, are establishing new departments.This article introduces the Department of Mobile Convergence Engineering, the Department of Artificial Intelligence and Software, and the Department of Intelligent Media Engineering, which are all newly established.First, the Department of Mobile Convergence Engineering is established to react to the development of mobile communication. The freshman recruitment level is 40 students per year, and the department consists of 6 professors. After learning basic major courses, such as artificial intelligence introduction and pattern recognition in freshmen and sophomore years, you can learn to practice along with theories such as wireless communication, software application, digital communication, signal processing, and artificial intelligence in the junior and senior years. The goal is to cultivate experts that the company requires. Major clubs for each professor are also scheduled to operate. There are a total of six major clubs, which is a good opportunity to study in-depth majors.Second, the Department of Artificial Intelligence Software is established to react to the fourth industrial revolution, and cultivate experts in each intelligence application field and AI usage. The Freshman recruitment number is 40 students, and the department consists of 5 professors. Also, there are 43 subjects of major studies. After learning artificial intelligence introduction or open source software programming in freshman and sophomore, you can practice in-depth major courses, such as network and data communication, or deep neural networks at junior and senior level. Meanwhile, the Department of Artificial Intelligence Software will have classes at Sejong Joint Campus from 2024.Third, the Department of Intelligence Media Engineering is established to cultivate experts that have skills for practices that companies require. The freshman recruitment number is 40 students, and the department consists of 6 professors. Also, there are 23 major study subjects. After learning basic major courses, such as IT introduction or Unix systems in freshman and sophomore years, you can practice in-depth major courses, such as machine learning and computer graphics at junior and senior levelsMore information on the new department can be found on the website of HBNU, and for inquiries, check the emails of faculty and assistants listed on the website. As it is a newly established department, to prepare for the information and communication society, we hope many talented people who can lead the future can be cultivated, and congrats on the 1st matriculation!
  • 등록일2022-01-14 13:32:00
“Daedeok Industrial-Academic Convergence Campus”: What Is This Place for? 이미지
“Daedeok Industrial-Academic Convergence Campus”: What Is This Place for?
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수14
  • Daedeok Industrial-Academic Convergence Campus: What Is This Place for?By Lee Jun-hyeong Cub Reporter, Senior of Chemical and Biological EngineeringHave you ever taken a class on the HBNU campus where non-face-to-face classes have become a daily routine, due to COVID-19? Maybe you do not have a chance to go to the campus unless it is a laboratory course or some special course. However, students who attended school before COVID-19 may know well about campus, and freshmen may have not experienced it in person, but they have visited the HBNU campus either online or personally. Do you know that the Daedeok Industrial-Academic Convergence campus is not HBNUs main campus? Lets find out about it.Location and HistoryDaedeok Industrial-Academic Convergence campus is located in 75 Techno 1-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon. This place began by purchasing the site of Daedeok Techno Valley to support the commercialization of local specialized industries and technologies through industry, academia, research, and government cooperation. Construction began in April 2008. The start-up childcare center was completed in March 2009 and the technology commercialization center was completed in March 2010. HBNU then built the Daedeok campus with a total floor area of 11,533m2 in the industrial complex. After that, the university was supported by business support, technology commercialization, talent nurturing, business incubation, etc. Also, HBNU established an industry-academia cooperation support team on the Daedeok Campus, as well as a Transfer of Business school, and Chemical and Biological Engineering department (3rd and 4th grade). They also established a prototype production support center, an Establishment of Research village, and various other establishments. It has served as a forward base for industry-university cooperation.2) Hot IssueOn December 16, 2020, Park Jang-woo Hall was built and the opening ceremony was held. This hall is set up to promote the success of Advanced Nano Products (ANP) and to promote university start-up, and technology commercialization. After the hall was established, it continued to promote research and new product development through industry-academic cooperation with HBNU and was listed on the KOSDAQ in 2011. Prof. Park Jang-woo has been providing scholarships every year to enrolled students.I investigated the Daedeok Industrial-Academic Convergence Campus. The courses are not regular but are being held as seminar and lecture consulting. If you are interested in start-up or tenant companies, why dont you visit this place, and experience the benefits of learning and potentially securing a better job in your future?
  • 등록일2022-01-14 13:30:23
BTS Package: Our New Project!
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수4
  • BTS Package: Our New Project!By Yoon Ji-yeon Editor-in-Chief, Junior of Electrical EngineeringThere are many various employment opportunities for Hanbat National University (HBNU) students, like Mandatory Local Hiring, and this has made many students interested in employment at public corporations. In this situation, HBNUs Job Headquarters started a new program to support those students systemically. The name of the program is the BTS Package. The letters BTS stand for Belief, Try, and Success. By combining these three words, we can learn a lesson: You can be a Success if you Try hard and have Belief in yourself.This program is divided into three classes on levels of preparation for employment. One is the B Package, which is for beginners who have not gotten a certificate for employment yet. Another is the T Package, which is for intermediates who have got enough certificates for employment, but havent started their NCS studies. The other is the S Package, which is for the advanced students who are fully prepared for getting a job. In 2021, the B and T Packages each recruited 30 people, and the S Package recruited 40 people.The participants for the program will take classes related to NCS study and employment, and will receive group and individual consultations twice a month. Meanwhile, Participants for the program will be recruited once every 6 months.The BTS Package is the first long-term project for securing employment. If you are interested in this program, keep an eye out for the promotional materials, and also the homepage of HBNUs Job Headquarters.
  • 등록일2022-01-14 13:25:50
Welcome to the HBNU Village 이미지
Welcome to the HBNU Village
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수761
  • Welcome to the HBNU VillageBy Lee Seo-jin Reporter, Junior of Material Science and EngineeringAs adults, many students who attend college leave their family homes. They move to dormitories, stay in lodgings, or live alone in studio apartments. So, where do the students of HBNU live?There are four main accommodations where students can live alone in studio apartments at HBNU: In front of the main gate, in front of the south gate, next to the dormitory, and behind Lotteria. I wanted to find out about each accommodation, so I have interviewed students who are living in each of those locations.In front of the main gate: This location is close to the engineering building. It is convenient because there are bus stops, restaurants, and general stores which are all located nearby.Q. How much is your rent bill? (monthly/deposit)350,000₩/2,000,000₩Q. Why did you start living alone?There was not enough room in the HBNU dormitory.Q. Why did you choose your studio apartment?Because my room was located on a high floor, and each space was separated by a door.Q. What is a bad thing about living near HBNU?The delivery food menu is restricted and the tips are expensive.Q. What is a good thing about living near HBNU?:This location is quiet.In front of the south gate: This location is near the Dept. of Building s commercial district, the area around HBNU is not very developed. Nevertheless, the monthly rent for studio apartments near CNU and HBHU are a similar price. I compared the monthly rents using Naver real estate. Near CNU, normal studio apartments have prices ranging from around 200,000 to 350,000 won. Some studio apartments that were sold near HBNU were a similar price to those near CNU, but HBNUs studio apartments were generally more expensive. There are many things to consider when comparing monthly rent costs, but it is not reasonable to pay similar prices compared to more commercial districts. This is something you should certainly think about when you are trying to live at HBNUs studio apartments.Living alone near HBNU has the definite advantage of reducing commuting time. In addition, as many new apartments have been built around here, there is a high possibility of development as the commercial area is growing. Living alone around HBNU has another unique advantage. There is Sutong-ri next to Gyeryongsan National Park, which has many good and healthy restaurants. You can hike as a hobby, and you can enjoy the fresh air to the fullest.There will be many students who are not independent because they have non-face-to-face classes due to COVID-19. After the pandemic, why do not you use this information to choose your own room?
  • 등록일2021-07-29 12:03:36
We are in Lab World 이미지
We are in Lab World
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수695
  • We are in Lab WorldBy Jeong Hyo-bin Reporter, Senior of Chemical and Biological Engineering,Lee Seo-jin Reporter, Junior of Material Science and EngineeringAny engineering student attending HBNU would have considered becoming an undergraduate researcher at least once. However, many students are reluctant to participate because they do not know what they are doing or how to join. We met undergraduate researchers from various departments for you.Sim Eun-seon, senior of Creative Convergence Engineering1. What is the name of the lab you belong to?SEDC, Soft Electronic Devices s Lab. (Solid Oxide Energy Device Laboratory)2. What kind of research are you doing there?I am conducting research on the air gap material of solid oxide fuel cells and research to solve problems commissionedby an external company.3. What did you learn while you were in the lab?First of all, I had more opportunities to experiment myself. In the Lab, we dont just experiment. We have to analyze and interpret the data. Therefore, I have to study my major deeply.4. Do you have anything to say to students thinking of lab?I recommend the lab to HBNU students but not all students. I would like to recommend it to students who are interested in or want to experience research and students who have a good learning attitude. If you come in without any resolution, Lab life can be harder than you think. It is not as nice as it looks from the outside. Lol. However Im always enjoying my research, so if you go into your Lab world, you will do well enough. I hope this interview helps students who want to join the lab life.Jeon Seoyeon, Junior of Computer Engineering1. What is the name of the lab you belong to?It is ISL (Intelligent System Laboratory).2. What kind of research are you doing there?We are working on projects that develop software. At the moment, we are working on a project related to autonomous drone flight. The final goal of the project is making drones that can avoid obstacles autonomously and draw maps based on their route data.3. Did you learn anything while you were in the lab?I learned a lot. When I transferred from a different major, I didnt have a detailed plan. However, after entering the ISL, I can flesh out my future planning. For example, what field to go to, and what specs are needed to go there. For the project progress, I was able to experience practical work by writing a plan and dividing tasks into categories of work.4. Do you have anything to say to students thinking of joining labs?Each laboratory is different, so I hope you look into it before you go in. Also, I hope only those who are determined to work hard will join. There are some labs that must invest a lot of time and have an obligation, although my lab does not. In this case, I dont think lab life will help to develop if you dont try hard.Jung Young -ju, senior of Chemical and Biological Engineering1. What is the name of the lab you belong to?I am in the Smart Nanomaterials Laboratory.2. What kind of research are you doing there?We are researching smart nanomaterials that cause appropriate responses and structural transformation in many environments. We study the chemical synthesis of nanomaterials, polymeric materials, and their bulk structures. We research to observe and identify the properties of synthesized substances and develop application technologies related to environmental purification.3. Why did you choose that lab?Because I wanted to experience lab life and research activities. Through the curriculum, I can gain experience through knowledge and experimental classes related to my major. However, I thought the best way to experiment in my interest fields was to enter the lab. Since I am very interested in applied chemistry and macromolecular fields, I naturally took classes with a professor of polymeric-related majors, and I chose the Smart Nanomaterials laboratory related to polymers as I consulted with the professor.4. Do you have anything to say to students thinking of working in labs?I highly recommend experiencing lab life. Its true that you are busy when you work in the lab. However, there are a lot of things to do, and there are more opportunities to experience the areas you are interested in. I think that lab life will be nice if I think about the sense of accomplishment and the objective position. I compare myself to those who graduated without living in the lab. Through these experiences and self-development, I have grown up further. Also, I think that this is the biggest experience of development that I can have during my college life.In the interview, Jung Young-ju, she said that the three conditions the professor told her about when choosing her laboratory helped her to make a choice. The requirements are as follows.First, is the research field of the lab you want to select right for you?Second, is good research going on in the lab you selected (such as, do the published papers come out well)?Third, is the career path of seniors who have graduated from the lab similar to the path that you thought and hoped for?Check these three requirements. If you wish to experience the on-campus laboratory, it would be good to consider these conditions carefully and choose the laboratory.All four of the students who were interviewed recommended lab life. There is a saying, Lab by Lab. It means each lab has different tasks and a different atmosphere. Therefore, to make the right choice for you, it is important to investigate each lab and to consult each labs professor or students in person. Why dont we take this opportunity to put it into practice?
  • 등록일2021-07-29 12:01:04
Going to School Free!
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수658
  • Going to School Free!By Jeong Hyo-bin Reporter, Senior of Chemical and Biological EngineeringEvery student in university has dreams about getting a scholarship. There is a wide range of scholarships that we can get, but many students dont know about them. The easiest way to win a scholarship is in HBNU where you are enrolled. All enrolled students of HBNU can achieve their dreams by meeting the conditions of scholarships. Scholarships for students in our school are as shown in the table below.Scholarship NameRequired documents or criteriaSuperb scholarshipStudents who have good grades(Check the left table for detailed conditions)Achievement Scholarship14 credits or higher from the previous semester,average 3.00 or higherStudents who meet detail standards separately designated by HBNUStepping-stone ScholarshipStudents who have been declared disabled Class A or class B, depending on their degree of impairmentMulticultural family ScholarshipStudents who exempted under the Multicultural Family Act and other statutesNorth Korean defector ScholarshipStudents who exempted under the North Korea defector Act and other statutesWorking ScholarshipStudents who wish to work and studyBelow the eighth rating of incomeAid associationScholarshipStudents who are righteous in their words and actions, financially challenged, and have an average of 3.00 or higher from the previous semesterHyeon-am ScholarshipAcademic culture Research Foundation Scholarship14 credits or higher from the previous semester,average of 3.75 or higherSeon-MyunghwaScholarshipStudents who are righteous in their words and actions, financially challenged, and with 14 credits or higher from the previous semester,average of 3.50 or higherSung-ManyongScholarshipThe most important part for students who have entered in 2019 or later is the Unit of non-major activities. In order to receive a superb scholarship at HBNU, students must have good grades and meet the unit conditions. For the unit conditions, refer to the table below. You can participate in non-subject activities to collect these Units.* Superb scholarship selection criteriaA Class14 credits or higher from the previous semester,average of 3.75 or higherB Class14 credits or higher from the previous semester,average of 3.50 or higherC Class14 credits or higher from the previous semester,average of 3.00 or higherProviding ScholarshipYear-SemesterUnit ConditionsYear-SemesterClassificationFreshmanTransfer studentNumber of UnitsUnitsby semesterAccumulated UnitsNumber of UnitsUnitsby semesterAccumulated Units1-21-1144///2-11-228122-22-138203-12-248283-23-158361444-13-2684428124-24-178523820* Unit calculation period: January 1 to June 30 for the first semester, and July 1 to December 31 for the second semester.* The unit condition can be any length, as they meet the criterionor .To learn more practical information and tips, I interviewed assistant Lee Soo-young, who is in charge of scholarships for the department of Chemical and Biological Engineering.Lee Soo-young assistant of Chemical and Biological EngineeringQ. Can you explain The detail standards separately designated by HBNU for achieving a scholarship?A. The Achievement scholarship is for students who have Language certificates (such as TOEIC, TOEFL, HSK, JPT, etc.), Computer Specialists in Spreadsheet Prof. Park Jang-woo scholarship of the department of Chemical and Biological Engineering? What are the conditions that students must meet to get these scholarships?A. Yes, there are special scholarships in other departments. In the Urban Engineering department, there is the Prof. Kim Myung-soo scholarship, and in the Material Science and Engineering department, there is MTDI Love of Younger Friends from School scholarship. You should check the exact conditions for each of those scholarships, because they are slightly different for each department.In the case of the Park Jang-woo scholarship for Chemical and Biological Engineering, it is a scholarship designed to help students in poor circumstances. We prioritize such students, and also students with good grades, and give them scholarships.Q. What conditions must be met to get other scholarships for the Aid Association scholarship or Dae-gong scholarship?A. Those scholarships are supported from outside the school. Several scholarships, including those referred to, can be overlapped with other scholarships, due to the subsidiarity of living expenses.Scholarships supported from outside HBNU have different qualification criterias and different values due to the significance of the scholarships. Every semester, these scholarships change to a different department. Therefore, if you work hard, you will get a scholarship.The Dae-gong scholarship is for students who have financial difficulties, but still manage to achieve a good academic performance, or who have promoted the honor of HBNU through academic or other activities.In the case of the Academic and Cultural Research Foundation scholarship, it is granted to students who have acquired at least 14 credits and have an average rating of at least 3.75, as of the previous semester. In the case of the final semester, scholarships are given to those with 11 or more credits.The standards for other scholarships are listed on the previous page, so you can refer to them or check them on the website.When you hope to get that scholarship, make sure you have the required documents, such as the scholar application form, a copy of a bank statement, and a letter of recommendation, and then visit the department office with those documents.Q. Can you tell me about your experience of students who were not able to meet the requirements or qualifications to get a scholarship?A. Unfortunately, when the department recommends students for a scholarship supported from outside of HBNU, there are often students who can not get a scholarship because they have not done volunteer work.Every department has different conditions for giving scholarships to students. For example, having a specific amount of credits of majors, or having unit points. It is important to check the specifications with each department.Scholarship opportunities are open to everyone, providing that all students become more diligent.Q. Lastly, is there anything you want to say to the students?A. HBNU spends most of the money supported by the foundation on scholarships. I hope you take care of your work so that many students can benefit.In particular, freshmen need to take care of their units in advance so that they can get scholarships.And there is an Aid Association scholarship, which is funded by donations from commercial districts around the school. The way to repay the commercial districts who donate while thinking about students is to regularly use the restaurants around the school.As a senior who has already experienced semesters, giving advice to juniors about scholarships and other chances, such as language training or brilliant careers, was like my hidden mission. These opportunities are only for the students who come forward and look for them. If you frequently check the announcements and pay attention to the homepages, you will get a chance! Everyone hopes to be able to realize the college romance.
  • 등록일2021-07-29 11:59:24
We Can Be Teachers! 이미지
We Can Be Teachers!
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수670
  • We Can Be Teachers!By Yoon Ji-yeon Editor-in-Chief, Junior of Electrical EngineeringWhen we think about the ways of becoming teachers, we usually think of graduating from the college of education, or graduate school of education. However, we can get qualifications to become teachers, even if we dont enter a graduate school of education. This is because HBNU has courses in teacher education.A course in teacher education is a process to obtain teaching certificates in departments which are not included in the college of education. Students can apply for the course at the end of the first semester of the sophomore year. However, not all department students can apply for the course. Only some departments have the course, and only the students who belong to those departments can apply for it. Check the table below for the specific departments that have the courses, and the number of people who can complete them. Next, lets listen to the experiences of two graduates who have completed the courses.DepartmentsMechanicalEngineeringElectricalEngineeringIndustrialDesignVisualDesignJapaneseChineseThe numberof recruits112233Interviewee: Gi Myeong-seok, Graduate of JapaneseNamgung Hye-jin, Graduate of Electrical Engineering,Q. Why did you apply for the course in teacher education?Gi: I became interested when I saw the announcement of the course. I was curious about the efficient ways of teaching classes. Also, I wanted to feel worthy about teaching as a teacher. That is why I applied for the course.Namgung: I thought that teaching electronics is a job that fits my aptitude and strengths, and a position where I can use my major knowledge. Plus, passing this course gives me greater potential for finding a job, so I thought this would be an advantage.Q. What was the best class you took during the course?Gi: Teaching Practice was the best class that I took. The professor that taught the class has experience in teaching students in the field of education.. There are many theoretical classes in the course, but this class gave students examples of things that really happened in the real educational field. That was why I liked this class the most. Plus, this class is very useful because teachers need the ability to cope wisely with the various problems that happen in school.Namgung: Most of the teaching classes were interesting and enjoyable. Among them, Educational Methods and Educational Engineering was the most memorable class. HBNU does not have a college of education, so there are few opportunities to design and demonstrate classes in person. Also, it is difficult to get feedback on the classes that I designed. However, I could fulfill a need with this class. I did the first demonstration in this class, and the professor gave feedback carefully. So this class was the most meaningful and the most helpful.Q. Did completing this course influence your career decision?Gi: First of all, getting Teachers Certificate, Grade 2 qualifies me for taking a teacher certification exam. For being a teacher, students have to pass the exam, but I think it is also meaningful to have such an opportunity. Also, I could think a lot about education. Education is an essential process and it is not only conducted in school. It has a wide range of areas as well as companies, and at home. I have a change of mind that everyone contributes to individual changes, and educators attitudes and actions have a huge impact.Namgung: I have experienced many influences in the process of choosing the career. Taking classes and going to teaching practice made me serious about becoming a teacher. I learned that my personality can be an advantage as a teacher. For example, my personality shows thatI like observing people and that I can find advantages in them, and this can be an advantage. It also shows that I can observe students well and recommend a career path suitable for each person. These enlightenments have influenced a lot of career decisions.Q. What do you want to say to your juniors who are worrying about teaching courses?Gi: There are some difficulties in completing this teaching course. To complete it, students have to achieve extra mandatory credits, teaching practice, and educational service activities, etc. However, I think the experiences I learned through the teaching process were never a waste. If you dream of being a teacher, this would be a great opportunity. Even if being a teacher is not a dream, completing this course will make your college life much more valuable.Namgung: I have never regretted the choice to complete a course of teaching. Of course, I was very busy during college days, because I had to spend a lot of time studying. However, I think it was worth investing in. If you have finished thinking about your aptitude and have decided on your job as a teacher, I recommend that you take the teaching course.As the graduates said, a course in teacher education can have a great impact on your career path or can teach you a lesson in life. If you dream of being a teacher, or want to learn a new kind of studying method that is not related to your major, then apply for a course in teacher education.
  • 등록일2021-07-29 11:56:24
I Am Still Learning, and That’s What Life Is About
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수348
  • I Am Still Learning,and Thats What Life Is AboutBy Jo Tae-yeon Reporter, Senior of EconomicsHBNU college of Multidisciplinary Studies in Converging Science (Misandae) was selected as a lifelong education and university support project in 2016, allowing late scholars and lifelong learners to receive education anytime, anywhere.Misandae is conducting various programs for lifelong learners. Teaching Assistant (TA) programs, such as the Learning Helper program, is one of those programs. TA activities are conducted in the Helproom of Misandae to improve their learning skills by asking their TA teachers what the students are curious about in class. Students can get help with using Computers, Math, and English from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Help room. Misandae students who visit the Helproom with laptops and notebooks at a fixed time every day all have a goal that they want to reach. Their goal is to graduate from university or to study hard. They get help from TA teachers to achieve their goals. So, we Interviewed a Misandae student studying in the Help Room.Q. Please introduce yourself.I am a senior in a class of 18.Q. How old are you?I am 62 years old.Q. What is your motive for entering HBNU?I have been in the distribution business for over 30 years. I applied for theDepartment of Startup to learn more to continue my business and work system, even at a late age.Q. What kind of work are you doing?I am in the food business as the director of KY Food.Q. Then, do you come to school and take classes after work?Yes, I work hard until the afternoon and come to school to take classes after work.Q. Is it not physically difficult to work and study at the same time?It is hard, but l want to attend classes and meet many friends as a university student. So, I come to school every day, even though Im tired.Q. Are there any difficulties while taking school classes?If I come to school at 6p.m. after work, I have to skip meals and take classes because I do not have time. It is hard to take a class without eating after work. Also, elective classes are sometimes hard to understand. Elective classes are taken with young students, so it is sometimes difficult to understand because they are tailored to them. In addition, I want to be able to use the computer, but Im not so good. I can use Hangul and Word to write reports, but there are many things I do not know yet, and it is hard to include things like visuals or tables.Q. Are there any activities you wanted to do when you entered university?I wanted to do club activities. Unfortunately, it is difficult to hang out with club members, due to the age difference, but Im interested in many clubs on campus. Currently, I can not join the clubs because of COVID-19, but Im the president of a history club called Zelkova. I want to go to Nonsan with my club members and make various memories, such as a tea experience, silk dyeing, and a refreshment experience.Q. How about the TA program on campus?TA is very helpful to me. TA teachers kindly teach each elementary part, so TA activities are very good programs.Q. What do TA teachers teach you?I study computers, math, and English and ask the teachers if I have any questions. I ask the computer teachers what I can not do with Hangul and Word, and how to use a laptop. I make demands, such as differential and statistics for math teachers, and I ask questions and review what I do not understand. I have to ask my English teachers about practical English. I am learning English in advance to speak English freely at foreign restaurants or airports. Sometimes I learn pop songs. It is so fun to sing together.Q.Is there anything you want from the school, other than the TA program?It would be nice to create a lounge to talk with friends and eat snacks. I was busy at work, so I do not have time to meet and could not communicate with my friends often.Q. What do you want to do when you graduate from HBNU?I want to be a start-up instructor. I want to help people create jobs. Also, I have a lot of interesting tea, so I want to run a womens community at the CHACHACHA Cultural Solidarity. I will learn about different tea types and tea culture, in order to run a small tea shop when I get older.They will have difficulty learning school classes. It is difficult for some students to submit their assignments due to their lack of understanding of the program. It is also difficult for them to participate in on-line classes such as the Google and Zoom online classes which have currently replaced the normal classes. Nevertheless, it is impressive that he does not give up and still makes an effort to learn.
  • 등록일2021-07-29 11:54:45
Daejeon Local Currency, Ontongdaejeon
  • 작성자HANBAT HERALD
  • 조회수394
  • Daejeon Local Currency, OntongdaejeonBy Kim Do-eun Cub Reporter, Sophomore of Public PolicyYou have probably experienced feeling happy when you get a little discount when you are buying something. There is a way to both feel the joys of such frugal consumption, and also improve the local economy. It is to use Ontongdaejeon. This is a card-type local currency that can only be used in Daejeon, and is issued by the Daejeon government to boost the local economy by increasing sales for small business and self-employed people. Lets find out more about this.1.BenefitsThe first is a cashback point system of up to 10 percent of the payment amount. It should be noted that the payment limit for cashback is 500,000 won per month and can change, depending on the budget situation.The second is a free subscription to Ontong protective safety insurance. This is an insurance policy that can be covered for traffic accidents, disability benefits, surgery expenses for people with certain diseases, compensation for violent crimes, and death insurance for certain infectious diseases.2.Where to useYou can pay in the same way as a credit card at any store in Daejeon that uses IC card terminals. However, it excludes large department stores, entertainment and gambling establishments, and online payments. It can be used in convenience facilities in HBNU as well as in stores around the university. You can also search for affiliated stores with the Ontongdaejeon app.3.How to apply for a cardThere are two ways to apply for a card. One is to apply through the Ontongdaejeon app, and the other is to visit Hana Bank. If you apply through the app, it will take two to three days to receive the card, but in the case of a visit application, it can be issued immediately on site. However, if you already have the other Daejeon local currency, Daedeok e-roum, you cannot apply for the Ontongdaejeon card.In addition, as a user who has been using this card for almost a year, I would like to share some advice. First, I recommend searching for stores through the apps Find Affiliates function. I was able to use this card at most stores in Daejeon, but I was surprised because at Starbucks and Daiso, which are directly managed by the headquarters, I could pay but I could not receive cashback benefits.
  • 등록일2021-07-29 11:54:00