HIGHHANBAT

미래가치를 창출하는 글로컬 산학일체 혁신대학

Campus News

게시물 검색
Green Companion 이미지
Green Companion
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수822
  • Green Companionby Jo Tae-yeon, Cub Reporter, Sophomore of EconomicsThe number of students who live apart from their family by going to university have increased. Students who live apart from their family may be searching for ways to reduce their loneliness. Usually, a companion refers to a person. However, plants can become a companion to reduce loneliness in people. People who prefer to lie on the sofa rather than spend time outside feel more loneliness. Their empty feeling is not filled by social media or the Internet. So, companion plants can provide safety and warmth, because plants can replace interaction with people. And, a companion plant can have an effect by reducing stress. Therefore, young people should find companion plants to reduce stress in daily life. In addition, a plant has other beneficial effects on us. First, it has an interior air purifying effect. Parasitic microorganisms on leaves and rootlets of plants remove pollutants. As a result, anions and oxygen that occur in the process of purifying fine dust make a cleaner interior space. Second, they have an emotionally stabilizing effect. Planting alleviates depression and is an excellent way to spend spare time. Third, a companion plant can have an ornamental effect. Companion plants, put beside a sofa or in the entrance of a living room, bring a natural mood. Also, plant pots of various colors create pleasant interior design, that can make a lively mood.HBNU student Kim Ji-hun (25) said, The rooms atmosphere changes as plants grow in my room. We talked with students to learn how plants affected their daily lives.How did you become interested in companion plants?I have experienced loneliness while living alone, so I hoped to raise a companion animal. But, the rooms in a university town ban keeping pets. So, one day, I learned about companion plants through SNS. I was generally interested in plants, so I decided to raise one.What do the plants mean to you?I thought that plants would remove the emptiness. I got to know about plants through looking at photos by a 'planterior'. A planterior designs the interior of a room using plants. I was influenced by planterior design.What is a good point of having plants as part of your room?Plants can clear the air in the room. I inhale a lot of fine dust when I am outside, but can breathe clear air in my home. The mood was changed by placing a companion plant. And, it brought in new colors as well.Would you recommend plants to your friends? Students are under a lot of stress from studying, but growing plants could reduce stress. Looking at the green leaves of plants has a calming effect. Also, I watch my plants growing every day. This is very fun. Research shows the color green improves concentration. Due to my interest in planting, I used more time observing my plants and less time on my cell phone. When I open the front door of my home, I can feel welcomed by seeing the plants, so I highly recommend growing plants to my friends who live alone. Companion plants that enhance the interior effect.MarimoThis is a plant widely grown by young people. Avoid putting it in direct sunlight and change its water once a week.StookeyThis plant is the best air purification plant NASA has ever selected. The plant has a rough but cute appearance. It emits anions which are effective in blocking electromagnetic waves. It is a good plant to place in front of a computer or TV.Gold Lace Cactus / Ladyfinger CactusThis cactus is wrapped in yellow thorns. But, the thorns are rolled inside, so you don't have to worry about getting a splinter. To care for it, you can spill water on the edge of the plant pot.Old Man’s Beard / Tillandsia / Spanish MossThis is a plant that lives on moisture and dust the way other plants live on soil and water. It is a good interior plant and has a long life.SansevieriaAn elegant plant with an excellent effect on air purification, it is easy to grow if you give it water once a month.
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:30:13
The Secret of Getting a High Score on the TOEIC 이미지
The Secret of Getting a High Score on the TOEIC
  • 작성자남궁혜진 기자
  • 조회수13
  • The Secret of Getting a High Score on the TOEICBy Park Hyeon-su Reporter, Junior of English Language and LiteratureThe TOEIC test is a test that requires a large amount of problem-solving in a limited time. It is difficult because you have to solve many problems in a limited time rather than having ahigh level of difficulty per problem. So, if you look at TOEIC preparation classes, there's a tendency to focus on trying to solve problems by looking at the words on either side of the blanks.But, these problem-solving courses aren't very helpful. In addition to the TOEIC test, some multiple-choice answers on the English test can be inferred by looking at the example of the problem. What is important at this time is vocabulary skills rather than just techniques. If you focus only on techniques, you risk neglecting to improve your vocabulary.You can get a higher score if you can read and understand English sentences as they are written, regardless of R/C or L/C.1. Quickly read in orderEnglish learners usually read sentences by going back to the beginning of sentences and have a tendency of interpreting them into their native language, which prevents them from improving their English skills. When you read a sentence, you should read that sentence to the end without going back. And, only if you don't understand it at all, should you read it again. You don't have to do a 100% interpretation into Korean. It's good to read sentences quickly and understand them in general.For example, if there is a sentence that reads, "Free services that make money from advertising must strike the right balance."If you have a rough understanding of the sentence, don't worry about what they mean by strike the right balance. If you read the next sentence, you'll get a sense of it. You know the words strike, right, and you know the word balance, but it may be hard to interpret it into Korean after seeing the combination of these three words. You may wonder, What's that expression? If you read the following sentences without worrying, you can infer what the expression means. If you read many different English sentences to prepare for the test, this ability will increase and it will lead to an overall improvement in vocabulary. The analogy of the meaning of a word is the same with the use of our language. We may not know every word in a news article exactly, nevertheless, we feel no inconvenience reading the news.2. Master basic vocabularyNot being able to read English sentences at a glance is a problem of reading, but this is also because of a lack of basic vocabulary (the required vocabulary level of English words for high school students).Usually, when studying for the TOEIC, choose a vocabulary book which is composed of words that are often given on TOEIC tests. If your basic vocabulary is not good enough, then basic vocabulary should be your top priority.Rather than knowing a lot of English words in a poor way, knowing basic vocabulary well (so that you can read it at a glance) helps you read English sentences quickly. If the sentence is a little longer, go back to the beginning of the sentence and read it again. Then move on. Even if you don't know a word, you can read the entire sentence quickly so that you can infer the meaning of any word that you don't know.3. Applying for a simulated TOEICAt HBNU, simulated TOEIC tests of the same degree of difficulty are available for freewithout taking a regular TOEIC test with a test sample. By taking advantage of this, you can experience real-world testing procedures and check your scores without paying.The following are three ways that Kang Min-jae, a fourth grade student of English Literature recommended to help you get a high score on the TOEIC.1.In my case, rather than going over each problem in detail, I put importance on the amount of problem-solving in order to get a sense of the real-world conditions of the test.2.I think getting together with a study group was actually the most helpful because we had to solve problems in a real-world environment, and then shared the difficult parts with each other.3.Since the TOEIC has many similar subjects in terms of vocabulary and grammar, I think it was helpful to make my own answer notes for the questions I got wrong.Its never too early to prepare for the TOEIC exam. If you are a first or second grade student, now is the time to build your vocabulary. Then, when you are a third grade student, find your study group. So that when you are a fourth grade student, you will be best prepared to take the test and do your best.
  • 등록일2020-03-20 18:28:38